Increasing electrical demand coupled with an aging grid means that residents in Boiling Springs, Duncan, Greer, Moore, Spartanburg, SC, and the surrounding areas experience frequent power interruptions. Protect your family from storm-related outages by investing in a whole house generator made by Kohler and installed by our professionals.
Benefits of Installing a Whole House Generator
In 2017, power interruptions affected nearly 38 million Americans with the average outage lasting more than 80 minutes. Unfortunately, South Carolina has more long-duration power outages than any other part of the nation. In the Palmetto State, the typical power outage associated with a major weather event lasted for more than 20 hours. The average duration of all other outages was approximately 2 hours. Brief blips are inconvenient, but you never know when the big one might hit. Whether you need auxiliary power for medical equipment or whether you just want peace of mind, whole house generators provide many benefits.
- A 3 to 5 percent increase in your home’s value
- An ROI of up to 150 percent if you decide to sell your home
- Comfort knowing that your family is protected just in case
Selecting a Home Backup Generator
Use a generator to power all of the devices that you depend on and the ones that you take for granted. While most residential generators use natural gas or liquefied petroleum, we also install high-capacity diesel generators with capacities up to 60 kilowatts.
- Compact home backup generators typically have capacities between 6 and 11 kW, which is enough to power essential circuits for lights, kitchen appliances, and sump pumps.
- Midsize generators rated between 11 and 20 kW can power several dedicated circuits used by major appliances, such as your HVAC system.
- Larger units with capacities between 20 and 60 kW generate enough energy to power most homes. They’re also suitable for commercial installations.
Installing a Whole Home Generator
Whole home generators provide uninterrupted power thanks to automatic transfer switches that flip the instant they detect an outage. Once your utility service is restored, the switch automatically reconnects to the power grid. Because your home’s electrical panel and fuel lines will be modified, this job should only be performed by a qualified professional. Our licensed mechanical contractors install standby generators for residential and commercial customers in Upstate South Carolina. We’ll ensure that your generator is properly connected before the next outage.
To discuss your backup power requirements with one of our experts, call George M. Hill & Sons, Inc. We’ll happily answer your questions or provide a free estimate.