“The EPA estimates that households can cut energy by 20 percent to 30 percent simply by having a set schedule. Heating and cooling account for almost half of the average household’s energy use, about $1,000 a year in the U.S.”
HVAC maintenance is essential for the optimal performance and longevity of any heating or cooling system. Our Comfort Sense Program is designed to give your system the care it needs, while also offering additional benefits for customers who sign up.
Why Comfort Sense?
Although you probably don’t think about your HVAC system other than when you need to turn it on, you likely count on it to keep your home feeling comfortable throughout the year. If your system isn’t well cared for, the risk of a breakdown on a bone-chilling winter day or a scorching hot day in summer is greatly increased.
To help avoid untimely repairs and to ensure your system continues to work as efficiently as possible, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recommends scheduling annual pre-season service appointments. With our Comfort $ense Program, you can stay on top of HVAC care and enjoy the many additional perks.
With such an agreement, you can rest assured that one of your home’s more important investments will keep performing at its best. Here are five great reasons for signing up:
- With all the extra TLC your system will receive, it won’t have to struggle so hard to condition your indoor environment. This will help to extend the life of your system.
- Conditioned air will be delivered more consistently and evenly throughout your home. One of our NATE-certified technicians will make sure there’s nothing hindering airflow, such as dirt or any other obstructions.
- A well-maintained system will help you minimize untimely problems and alert you to small issues before they get out of hand.
- An efficient system decreases your home’s negative impact on the environment because it won’t need as much energy to function.
- With a service agreement, you’ll receive discounts on labor and parts throughout the duration of the contract.
According to the DOE, a maintenance plan with two visits a year pays for the annual investment just by the savings on energy alone. We understand that every client has different needs and wants, so we offer 5 different residential maintenance plans to choose from.
Here are just some of the items we check during your maintenance visit:
- Replace air filters with Merv 8 pleated
- Check humidity inside the house
- Test return air temperature & adjust blower speed
- Check & adjust the accuracy of the thermostat
- Record system performing pressure & temperatures
- Measure superheat & sub-cooling
- Flush condensate drains
- Clean outdoor condenser & coil
- Surface UV protector outdoor unit
- Check all belts
- Lubricate all applicable moving parts
- Test all safety controls for proper operation
- Test voltage & amperage in all motors
- Megometer test compressor
- Carbon monoxide level testing
- Inspect flue pipe & gas levels
- Test smoke detectors
- Safety check all controls, connections, & wiring
- Check gas pressure at the gas valve
- Check thermostat accuracy
- Replace disposable air filters with Merv 8 pleated
- Adjust dampeners to heat position if marked, (no balancing)
- Check humidity
- Clean & adjust burners
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Clean pilot assembly
- Check blower motor
- Check temperature rise
- Visually inspect duct system
Some key benefits depending on your plan:
- Discounts on services and repairs
- No after hour fees or holiday fees
- Priority Service
George M. Hill & Sons, Inc. offers custom designed maintenance programs for businesses and light commercial facilities. From 25-ton units to warehouse hanging heaters, we can handle any and all of your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. One of our comfort specialists can design a maintenance plan that will work to assure your facility saves energy and reduces downtime.