“The EPA estimates that households can cut energy by 20 percent to 30 percent simply by having a set schedule. And heating and cooling is almost half of household energy use, about $1,000 a year in the U.S.”
Why Comfort Sense?
Although you probably don’t think about your HVAC system other than when you need to turn it on, you likely count on it to keep your home feeling comfortable throughout the year. If your system isn’t well taken care of, the risk of a break down in the middle of a bone-chilling winter day or a scorching hot humid day is greatly increased.
To help avoid such untimely repair jobs and to ensure your system continues to work as efficiently as possible, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recommends scheduling annual pre-season service appointments. With a Comfort $ense Program, you can stay on top of HVAC care and enjoy the many additional perks.
Five great reasons why you should set up such agreement so you can rest assured that one of your home’s more important investments keeps performing at its best.
- The life of the HVAC system will be extended. With all the extra TLC your system will get, it won’t have to struggle so hard to condition your indoor environment.
- The delivery of conditioned air will feel more consistent and even. A certified technician will make sure there’s nothing hindering airflow, such as dirt or other obstructions, so your house feels as nice as possible, no matter what the weather outside is like.
- Unnecessary and untimely repair jobs are better avoided. With a well-maintained system, small, unnoticeable problems are much less likely to turn into big and costly ones.
- An efficient system means your home’s negative impact on the environment is decreased because it won’t need as much energy to function.
- With a service agreement, you’ll receive discounts on labor and parts throughout the duration of the contract.
It has been proven that a twice a year maintenance plan pays for the annual investment just by the energy savings according to the DOE. We understand that every client has different needs and wants, so we offer 5 different residential maintenance plans to choose from.
Some key benefits depending on your plan:
- Discounts on services and repairs
- No after hour fees or holiday fees
- Priority Service
During your maintenance, just some of the items we check.
- Replace air filters with Merv 8 pleated
- Check humidity inside the house
- Test return air temperature & adjust blower speed
- Check & adjust the accuracy of the thermostat
- Record system performing pressure & temperatures
- Measure superheat & sub-cooling
- Flush condensate drains
- Clean outdoor condenser & coil
- Surface UV protector outdoor unit
- Check all belts
- Lubricate all applicable moving parts
- Test all safety controls for proper operation
- Test voltage & amperage in all motors
- Megometer test compressor
- Carbon monoxide level testing
- Inspect flue pipe & gas levels
- Test smoke detectors
- Safety check all controls, connections & wiring
- Check gas pressure at the gas valve
- Check thermostat accuracy
- Replace disposable air filters with Merv 8 pleated
- Adjust dampeners to heat position if marked, (no balancing)
- Check humidity
- Clean & adjust burners
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Clean pilot assembly
- Check blower motor
- Check temperature rise
- Visually inspect duct system
GMH Services offers custom designed maintenance programs for business and light commercial facilities. From 25Ton units to warehouse hanging heaters, we can handle any and all of your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to have a Comfort Specialist to design a maintenance plan that works for you to assure your facility saves energy and reduces downtown.
Why Choose Us
- We have served the upstate for over 70 years
- We respect your time. We strive to be on-time everytime
- Very Friendly Service Techs
- Affordable prices
- We service commercial and residential
What Client’s Say
Gave estimate for a new unit, temp fixed, replaced old unit with a new energy efficient unit.They were quick and professional. Called to inform us when they would be out and were on time. Did a great job and would recommend them! 🙂
Wonderful company, we have used them for years and have recommended them to many friends……they were all very satisfied with the service, and price!
Best service I have ever received. On time and very friendly
I had an issue with very high power bills this winter. They came out and explained all my options and how I could even switch over to a gas furnace. The guys did a great job, they were very polite, clean and took care of us. I would recommend them to anyone.